Monday, February 2, 2009

Little girl fancies

I think at some point as a small girl, many of us dreamed of getting married. For the longest time of my childhood, it revolved around the wedding scene from 'Little Mermaid.' I would have my whole mer-family there, my favorite crab and seagull and of course....a huge rainbow. But as one gets older, realities set in, budgets get finalized....and you begin to realize...rainbows are freakin' expensive. And you never realized how big your entire mer-family was until you tried to feed all of them. And you can't even decide if you are going to have kids attending, let alone crabs or seagulls.

To me...weddings are a party and should be celebrated as such. I am throwing out much of the traditions that come with regular weddings and celebrating in a manner that will be extremely meaningful to my future husband and I for years to come. I also care about my guests, their needs and that they witness a true expression of love and devotion. I am going to try to do all of this without pulling out my hair.

That being said, today started the first true day of wedding planning. I have been engaged since August, and have yet to set a date or location. Hopefully by the end of the week, I will be able to finalize on a location and start planning for the wedding I never dreamed of as a kid.

No comments: