Thursday, February 5, 2009

Botox

So its all the rage....I improved/redid the look of my blog. I think it looks fabulous. I got a tip from the Vegancraftastic blog about a seller on Etsy who designs banners and logos for blogs and Etsy on the cheap. I couldn't pass it up. I picked out my one-of-a-kind design and had it patiently waiting for me in my inbox in less than 24 hours. Beautiful.

I don't know about you but I am one of those people who has to purchase items to feel more productive. Hence why I love grocery shopping so much. Nothing gives me more of a sense of accomplishment than picking out a delicious head of kale. With that being said, perhaps my newly designed blog will actually make me want to be more productive and a better blogger. Perhaps....

On a completely different note, I feel in lust yesterday with a few things for my wedding. I probably won't be able to buy these details because I am working with such a small budget, but sigh ....aren't these things sexy?

This are biodegradable/disposable bamboo plates. These are made by a company called Bambu who practices fair trade policies and have designed/created these awesome plates. They are made from 100% organically-grown bamboo, peeled directly from the stalk and compose within 4-6 months. Also you can get a case of 100 11" plates for $128.00. Love them!



When I emailed my mom an image of these, she thought that they were horrible. But then again she has an irrational fear of birds. These are mini bird nests that are filled with Jordon almonds. I love that these can be used as wedding favors/placecards. You can buy a 12-pack of nests for 9.00 and add the price of Robin Egg Blue Jordan almonds and I think you can do wedding favors/placecards for less than $1.00 a piece. I am really hoping to fit these in my budget.

3 comments:

VeganCraftastic said...

I love the banner! I really wanted to do some kind of birdnest and jordan almond thing for my wedding too (it's such a cute idea!), but I couldn't find jordan almonds that were allergy friendly, bleh.

Amanda said...

Hey, lady! I'm happy to see you over here. The bird nests are adorable. I have some of the bambu spoons--kind of a funky texture. xo

Anonymous said...

Ok Missy....it is NOT an irrational fear of birds.....BIRDS ARE SCARY!!! All that fluttering and fliting....yech.
I think your blog is fabulous! I am a bit dismayed to find out that you think I did not instill the joy of bleach in you at a young age, does this mean I failed as a mother?